Custom blog header by Bre!
________________________________________

In Loving Memory...
~ Gogo Fatale ~


6/2/01 - 10/11/11
~ Forever the Marest of Them All ~
________________________________________


Saturday, May 28, 2011

Squashy!

Look what we've been up to!





Other than the apparent fence repairs that need to be made (not sure why all the top strands are all on top of that fencepost.... weird what you don't notice until you look at a video!), it was total squashy comfy joy. I've been on her once or twice, just because, and she's been a perfect angel. Of course, now that I've said that I've probably just jinxed myself!

I did something a little unorthodox today, and let her trot for about 5 or 6 steps when I was sitting on her. She felt like a magnificent dream. I also watched her trot around in the field today of her own accord, and she looked just as good as she felt.



It's reallllllllllllly hot..... perfect for sunset rides, but not so perfect for anything else during the day. My car read this on the way home:



And the heat index today was 111 degrees. I almost passed out while out pruning trees on the farm. Clearly I need to learn to hydrate better.... dang ol' Texas.

6 comments:

Alighieri said...

Gatorade is your friend. I never go to the barn without it in the summer.

jenj said...

Lol, Gogo looks alllll fired up and ready to go... NOT! I bet it's nice to be back on board, even just for a wander around the pasture!

The heat index was 105 here yesterday, so I feel your pain. Gatorade makes me sick and it has soooo much sugar, so I usually stick to just plain water. However, if I find myself drinking lots of water and still feeling thirsty, I use one of these packets. They're not the greatest tasting things ever, but I do feel noticeably better after drinking one. Mel over at Boots and Saddles has done a couple of posts on e-lytes - there are a lot of products out there today that are pretty good. You might want to try some and see what works best for you.

Val said...

Hooray! It is so nice to see you on Gogo, even if it is just a gentle walk.

I am in NJ, and it is supposed to be in the 90's tomorrow. Grrrr.

Minus Pride said...

YAY!!! She's sound! lol and I think I'll keep my Pennsylvania weather...it's only 94 around here!

Kristen Eleni Shellenbarger said...

AwesomeNESS!! Love that roach. btw, if you are dehydrated-get some coconut water, not milk, water. It's super awesome and nature's cure for dehyd. I swear by it.
Gogo looks very fresh and bucky. ;)

Achieve1dream said...

Yay! Fun! Congrats! It must be so nice to be back on her. It sucks to have a horse you can't ride lol. I still have a whole year before Chrome turns three. Sigh.

Be careful in this heat. It's dangerous.