Custom blog header by Bre!
________________________________________

In Loving Memory...
~ Gogo Fatale ~


6/2/01 - 10/11/11
~ Forever the Marest of Them All ~
________________________________________


Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Collective Gift!

The gift that Denali's Mom organized is finally here!!

Many of you remember way back in November of last year when Denali was set to be euthanized, and I took collections for a present for Denali's Mom. A miracle happened - Denali got better - and she is still happy and healthy and around today. We took the donation money and had an awesome portrait of Denali commissioned, and needless to say she loved it. And now, when it is my turn to mourn and grieve, Denali's Mom led the charge (along with a few others!) and took collections from readers and fellow bloggers for a gift for me so I too could have something to remember my crazy mare by.

The gift arrived today in the mail...








Lynn Mazer crafted this absolutely stunning quilt, complete with my favorite pictures of Mami all over it (they had me pick them out before I even knew what the gift was!). My cats were all over it the second I put it on the bed for pictures... it even started a catfight between Mimi and Jasper because both wanted to sleep in the same spot!
The second half of the gift was an enormous check so that I could take tailhair that I saved from Gogo and make it into whatever I want from my favorite horsehair place, Pony Locks. I already have two of their necklaces, one from Quincy and one from Metro... and they are still holding up to MUCH use and abuse on my part years and years later! I'll have another necklace made for Gogo. I'm sure it will withstand many more years of excessive wear and tear on my part, and still look beautiful way down the road.



I cannot thank you all enough for this gift. The generosity everyone has shown is just mind-blowing, and I don't even know what to say except thank you. Thank you. Thank you. A million times, thank you. You don't have any idea how much this means to me. I love you all.

14 comments:

Clover Ledge Farm said...

It is gorgeous! :-) Will you use it or hang it?

Andrea said...

Oh wow I never even thought about hanging it... right now I'm cuddling with it.... I could totally hang it! But it's sooooo snuggly.... I dunno!

Achieve1dream said...

what a beautiful quilt! That is so amazing!

I wish I could have donated. I really do. I wanted to help, but with my husband out of a job I just couldn't do it. I'm glad everyone else was able to make this happen for you. It turned out so perfect. :)

Ruth said...

It looks really awesome. A great idea for you to remember Gogo by :)

Lisa said...

Enjoy Andrea! :)

TBA said...

Yay! I'm glad it turned out so well :) It looks wonderful.

Seindria said...

That is an amazing quilt!

Kelly said...

So beautiful! Think I would opt for wrapping up in it with your felines.

Ponylocks is where our barn friends had my daughter's necklace made from her Henny's tail. So glad to hear that they hold up well - hers is so pretty.

eventer79 said...

Wow, that is wonderful! What an awesome gift and a beautiful memorial! Yay!!!

On an unrelated note, I am laughing because the word verification for this comment is "ladiness." *snork*

Kristen Eleni Shellenbarger said...

I luv the thought that Gogo can still forever hug you with this quilt :) xo

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I'm glad you got the gifts already! We were especially excited over the quilt. That is quite possibly the coolest horsey gift I've ever seen. Lynn did such an amazing job with it.

Janine said...

Gee, how do I get one of my horse? Very cool gift for sure!!!!

Margaret said...

Of course, that cat always does need to check out anything new and comfy! ha.

I am following your other blog now too. Glad you have found a horse to work with.

Mary said...

It turned out really nice! I love the idea of Gogo's hair for jewelry too. Very cool!