Custom blog header by Bre!
________________________________________

In Loving Memory...
~ Gogo Fatale ~


6/2/01 - 10/11/11
~ Forever the Marest of Them All ~
________________________________________


Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Another Gift

I received another awesome Gogo gift in the mail the other day! This is the second set of portraits that I have in my hands now, and there are more on the way. I'll keep posting them as they keep coming in! Gogo is going to have a legit wall of fame in my house! (Not that she doesn't already... practically every surface in the place has either ribbons she won or pictures of her on it!)

This is a set of tiny little watercolors commissioned by Snowhawk for me. The artist is a friend of hers, Cori Trout. The portrait is from when Josh Baker of AzulOx Photography came up to shoot some pictures of us recently (courtesy of JenJ!), and the jumping picture is of us at Groton House in 2009. I'll never forget that water complex as long as I live!



Crappy phone photo does not do them justice. They're so tiny and awesome! I'll have to figure out a good way to frame them. My other portrait from Niamh is getting framed as we speak.



And of course, how can we forget my own personal tribute to my mare? Very, very longterm readers will remember when I got my M on my chest for Metro, overtop my Q for Quincy. When Quincy died, I wanted to memorialize him with a tattoo over my heart, and I came up with the idea of using the first letter of his name and his color in the center of the letter as my tribute. (Yeah, I know my heart's not exactly anatomically right there, but it's symbolic, so there you are!) Of course, when Metro died he got the same memorial. And, true to form, Gogo gets one too.



The tattoo artist even touched up the colors in the M and the Q for me... you can tell how old the Q is by now. I had that one done at least six years ago... the M is two years old. I LOVE it. It's perfect. Simply perfect.
I'd also like to point out the very, very worn and loved horsehair necklace (with very tarnished silver band) that I am wearing. That is Quincy's tailhair. I have one of Metro's tailhair as well, and I wear either one or the other almost every day of my life. Keep this in mind... something else might be coming in the mail in the not too distant future as well! ;)


Tomorrow is a bit of a bittersweet day.... it's the three year anniversary of the Eventing-A-Gogo blog. I will of course do my year in review as I always have, but it makes me a little sad to think that this will be the final year of Eventing-A-Gogo. I guess I'll just have to continue the tradition on whenever it is that I end up with another horse and another blog. Eventing-A-Gogo will remain up as a permanent tribute to Gogo, of course, but it's still a little bit sad when you think about the fact that there will be no more future years to review.

10 comments:

Alighieri said...

I love the tattoos! That's a tribute that I would have to consider doing for my boy when the time comes. I do hope that when the time for a new blog comes, you'll let all your loyal readers know.

cindy lou said...

i loooove the tattoos! i am definitely planning a horsey tribute somewhere on me, but i love how unique and perfect yours are. a perfect tribute to Gogo.

Seindria said...

I'm so, so happy they got there safely, and that Cori could do them for you. She is an amazing and under-appreciated artist. :3

Funder said...

Nice tattoos! I have one on my left hip that "means" Champ to me, and I've been thinking for a couple years now about what to get on the right hip for Dixie.

eventer79 said...

Very classy! I LOVE your necklace, that is beautifully done. I would love to have one done for Solo (even though he is still here) so I can carry him with me everywhere.

in2paints said...

Gorgeous tributes to all your loves!!

Val said...

I was waiting for the G tattoo. Lovely paintings and tributes to Go-mare. Wish this wasn't the last year.

Achieve1dream said...

The paintings are beautiful and the tattoos are perfect. It is bittersweet thinking about the blog anniversary. So sad to think there will be no more pictures or stories of Gogo. I'm still sorry you had to lose her so soon. The great ones always seem to leave too soon. I hope time and happy memories are easing your pain. Hang in there.

Kate said...

I don't think I'd be brave enough for a tattoo, but yours look lovely :) A wonderful tribute, in my opinion. Beautiful paintings too!

Kristen Eleni Shellenbarger said...

I think you just have so much to offer us readers in barefoot care alone, keep blogging. Talking still about Gogo FOR YEARS would make me very happy too :) I think you would hear her disapproval from above if you stopped. xo