Custom blog header by Bre!
________________________________________

In Loving Memory...
~ Gogo Fatale ~


6/2/01 - 10/11/11
~ Forever the Marest of Them All ~
________________________________________


Monday, January 11, 2010

Picture of the Day

I am happy to report that I'm feeling a whole lot better. Apparently I had a bad day like everybody does. I don't normally have bad days, it was weird!

Gogo was completely outstanding yesterday, even though she was spooky and a little hot because of that (she hadn't had her turnout yet). However, it wasn't out of control and it wasn't bad, because it gave me a very finite sense of where I could ask her to go without her losing it. On days when I let her go there instead of asking, she is always better. I was totally thrilled with our ride (even with a few butt-squinching scoots and something vaguely resembling a dolphin buck), and I'm really liking the borrowed KK Ultra eggbutt. There is no way in HELL that I can a) afford that or b) justify trying to afford that, but I can look around on Ebay for similar mouthpieces and metals. I've been riding her without the noseband again, and I like it. I think it also makes me a better rider because if I do something obnoxious with my hands, she's going to show me loud and clear.

This post is short, because I'm off to clean stalls shortly, but I just wanted to give you guys an adorable Picture of the Day, which I've probably posted before but wanted to share again:



Gogo out in the snow, back in 2006, before I sent her off to the crazy trainer. She's the best ridiculous face maker ever.

6 comments:

B said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. Living in the Northeast those, "I hate everything about my life right now" days come about every now and then.

I'm also glad that GoGo is behaving herself! Mine decided to take a nosedive this weekend in the pasture and is now off on her right front. Crazy mare.

That picture is hilarious by the way.

Anonymous said...

Love the picture! I'm a fan of that mouthpiece for certain horses, and there are generic equivalents that are cheaper than the KK. I also don't use nosebands for precisely the reason you mention - I want my horse to be able to open its mouth because that means something isn't right, and what's usually not right is me, not the horse.

Melissa said...

Glad you're feeling better. She's a silly girl - so cute!

manymisadventures said...

I'd really like to try a KK sometime too - especially a D-ring or an eggbutt, since Pandora likes stability - but they are sooo expensive.

Glad to hear you're feeling better!

Kristina said...

What about one of these?

http://www.neueschulebits.com/acatalog/Eggbutt_Snaffles.html

I have a loose ring by this brand and love it. It's pretty similar to the KK, but a lot cheaper. I got mine in Canada for $90 so you should be able to find one in the States for a similar price.

eventer79 said...

Thumbs up for no nosebands! I only use one when they make me put it on at shows and I like the honest feedback I get from Solo as a result. My barn-mates think I'm weird, but...well, I'm weird so that's ok!