Custom blog header by Bre!
________________________________________

In Loving Memory...
~ Gogo Fatale ~


6/2/01 - 10/11/11
~ Forever the Marest of Them All ~
________________________________________


Friday, June 5, 2009

Photo Adventure Fridays

This week's Photo Adventure is a good one.







The Tongariro Crossing, Tongariro National Park, NZ.
Quite possibly the most amazing thing I've ever done. We spent an entire day crossing the volanic region on the 19km alpine crossing, marveling at the colors, the steam from the volcanoes, the way the ground beneath our feet was so hot it burned, the glistening green of the Emerald Lakes, the frozen lava flows, the deep valleys.... amazing. If you ever go to NZ, it is a MUST if you are fit enough. But is definitely is exhausting, and don't go when the weather is crappy!

Because there are SO MANY amazing photos that I can't possibly put up here, I'm going to link to my Facebook albums of this crossing here and here. Any any true tramper of the world will notice our jeans... don't ever climb mountains in jeans. We were stupid and lucky. But other times we were miserable, and I even became very hypothermic when we were dumped in the ocean by a wayward kayak in the Abel Tasman National Park, and ended up hiking for about three hours in the pouring, freezing rain in our soaked clothes (jeans included) to get back to where we needed to be. By the time we got back to shelter, I had nearly collapsed and they practically had to carry me in. I am quite lucky I didn't die.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

VERY COOL pics, thanks for sharing!